Wednesday 4 August 2010

[INTERVIEW] Boy band INFINITE - Part 3

My name is Lee Sung-yeol.
I was born on August 27, 1991.
Of the members of my group, I am the tallest. I was 180 centimeters when I was last measured and I think I've grown a bit since then.
We almost didn't debut under the name INFINITE but rather under a name like Supersonic, I-pop, or Blackberry. We had actually agonized over the name that the CEO of our company had been thinking of naming us by when at the last second, he decided we would be INFINITE and we shouted out in joy.
I had actually been preparing to become an actor but I came across the chance to sing on stage and it was more attractive than I thought so I became a singer. I would like to try playing a role which is strong yet funny like those that actors Yoo Hae-jin or Lim Chang-jung play.
I recently took part in a pre-recording for MBC TV series' World Changing Quiz" (Woo-hyun: Oh, Sung-jong wasn't the only one who went on it?) I think you'll only see Sung-jong on it. I've been speaking less and less ever since. It's not like there's a scene that I hope gets cut out but still... I heard though that they shot a lot of scenes of me laughing.
When we shot the music video for "Come Back," all I did was run all day because Sung-kyu got to ride in a limousine and L an expensive segway but I had to teleport.
On Mnet's "INFINITE! You are the One," I said I've dated someone before but that was just because um... hasn't everyone dated someone? From an objective standpoint, I think Woo-hyun or L would be popular with the women.
I've cried at a wedding of a relative whose face I had never seen before. I actually cried while looking at the white background for the wedding and my mom asked what was wrong with me. I think I could've been mistaken for liking the person who is getting married. I'm a bit sentimental like that. (Hoya: I can't believe you actually said that about yourself...)
But I have a hard time trying to cry on purpose. I don't think I'd be able to cry for a music video shoot. (L: We could go to a wedding!)
At home, we do the laundry in teams. Sung-kyu, L, Sung-jong and Hoya are on one team while me, Woo-hyun and Dong-woo are on another team. We take turns doing the laundry every week. The largest difficulty to doing the laundry in the summer is that it doesn't dry well. We're actually not that clean but we should maintain a minimum cleanliness so... Hahaha. (Sung-kyu: The member who is the cleanest of us is... nobody. Woo-hyun: Our manager is probably the cleanest.)
If we could have our home renovated I wish we could have about two, no, four bathrooms. Then what about our rooms? Hmm... we could reduce the size of our living room?

My name is L. My real name is Kim Myung-soo.
I was born on March 13, 1992. I'm from Seoul and I have a younger brother who is two years younger than me.
I came up with my name L. Some people have asked whether I don't use my real name because of comedian Park Myung-so but that's not true, it just came to be like that. Oh, it's not L from "Deathnote" either. (Woo-hyun: But he was similar to L when he was a trainee with his long hair and all.)
I was interested in acting or modeling but I ended up auditioning as a singer too after watching a lot of musicals.
I'm sometimes told that I look like actor Kim Bum. (Sung-kyu: We actually go to the same hair salon so we've seen him in person and well, um .... he was extremely cool.) Um... well that's why they say. Even I think that he has a very small face and is tall too. (Sung-kyu: That's right. You have to face the truth. What isn't, isn't.)
The time when opinions clash within our team is when we're trying to decide what to eat. It's hard for us to agree on a single menu since there's so many of us so we choose when our manager gives us about four choices. Nobody in particular is really stubborn though so we easily give away to the other person.
Everybody likes food like pork, chicken and pizza. (Sung-yeol: The CEO of our company will sometimes come to us and buy us meat though, saying that we don't look healthy. That's when he looks really cool. Sung-kyu: And when he tells us we have to eat what we want to even if we'll look bloated on screen the next morning if we eat the night before!)
It's been a year since I've lived with the members of our group. (Sung-kyu: I'm so sick of them!) There are times that I want to escape. Have I really done it? No. (Sung-kyu: Our manager is right next to us right now so we can't tell you right now.)
We bought an alarm clock which is very loud but we haven't been hearing it from a certain point on because we're so tired. That's why we take turns to wake each other up and the person who can't wake up or doesn't wake up others pays a fine. Everybody has been waking up really well and even scolding each other to wake up ever since. Hahaha.
My role model is TVXQ. I've liked them since "Hug" and some people think it's strange that I like them but I like their style of music. I like cheerful songs like "Hug" but also intense songs like "Rising Sun" or "Purple Line."

My name is Lee Sung-jong.
I was born on September 3, 1993. I'm a junior at Jeonju Fine Arts High School and I have a brother who is three years younger than I am.
My hometown is Gwangju in the Jeolla Province. I don't usually speak in the Jeolla dialect but I do occasionally when I'm talking to my parents or friends or when I get worked up.
Living with six older guys is extremely suffocating.(All burst out into laughter.) No, I'm kidding. I'm really happy. Seriously! They all treat me very well. (L: Don't try to resolve the damage you've already done. Woo-hyun: Why are you looking at me?) Since I'm the youngest... Ahem, oh man, my voice is cracking up. Anyway, since I'm the youngest, everyone teaches me a lot of things and takes good care of me. That's why I'm happy being the youngest sometimes. (Woo-hyun: You sound like you're someone talking in a commercial! Sung-kyu: Sung-jong really is like the youngest -- he's very cute. I'm worried because I think Woo-hyun is starting to influence him...)
Leader Sung-kyu is really good at taking care of us. Whenever we're done with one of our schedules, when we're done somewhere and have to go to another place, he tells us what to do next. I think he was the nicest to Ji-ae too on Mnet's "INFINITE! You are the One."
Simply put, L is like a pineapple. A pineapple is hard and rough on the outside yet sweet on the inside and he's exactly like that. (Woo-hyun: You prepared that remark too, didn't you?) Yes.
Not long ago, I said on the radio that I want to eat sushi and then the very next day, our fans sent us sushi. Thank you!
I saw a desert fox for the first time while shooting the music video for "Come Back." I thought it would be really big but it was actually very small and so cute that I wanted to keep it as my pet. We had to be very careful for the shoot though because it's very sensitive to sound.
I was very sad and disappointed when King of Pop Michael Jackson passed away. He's my favorite artist and I liked everything about him, from his singing method to dancing to his manners on stage. I wanted to be like him. I like his songs "Beat it" and "Ben" the most.

Source : asiae

No comments:

Post a Comment